Wheelmill 2018 Tom, Jared, and Kenny

When it’s cold outside or trail conditions are unfavorable you have to find a way to remedy the winter blues. Do you go to the gym or start spinning classes nooo…instead why not hit an indoor bike park. This past Saturday I went down with the boys to Pittsburgh and did some indoor shredding. The Wheelmill is a great place to ride and hone your skills. Pump tracks, jumps, flow trails, foam pit, resin ramp, half pipes, quarter pipes, skinny room, etc…are all available to keep you on your toes. And the place is huge…literally a small block long. And the crowd is super diverse…you’ll find small kids on striders, bmxers, djers, mtbers all under 1 room. My friend Tom was on his 29er ht while Jared and I rode our 26" Djers…We rode for nearly 6 hrs with a dinner break inbetween. Plenty of cool rest areas to have drinks or food or just hang out…and there’s even an Xc/Am trail bout 10 mins away called Frick Park as well as the Pittsburgh Zoo in the immediate area. I always have a great time there and learn something new…

Some pics of the day…

Finding zen!!

Some technical lines options…

The old Gt Aggressor…

Yours truly doing some drops!!

Some bmxers going big on the Wood jumps!!

Tom riding the berms, big wheels style…

Cleaning some tough lines in the skinny room, we were the only ones to hit that feature that day…
And of course a quick video edit of the day!!!
Wheelmill 2018

Wow that looks pretty cool, nice to know there are alternatives out there to spinning in the cold.