Best new All Mountain Trail Rockland Preserve

Got the opportunity to ride some Ct chunk 2 weekends ago with my good friend Jared. We were going to a fundraiser event later in the day at Powder Ridge Mountain. Since it’s only 15 min away couldn’t waste the chance. We showed up early and were shocked to it wet. Locals later told us it poured night before. So we decided to warm up and go straight into the dbl black diamonds stuff. Unfortunately the wooden stuff was slick so we shyed away from those features and some of the drops. The good thing is later in the day it dried up a bit and trail became tacky. We had a blast even if we rode only 60% of the trail.
They even had jump lines in certain trails and a free bike park. I was a lil jealous to say the least…lol. Even got to meet one of the Trail stewards in the parking lot. He asked us what we thought seeing we were coming out of state. We quickly replied one of the best trails we had ever ridden. He was shocked we tackled the hard stuff 1st. Also told us that the town might encounter issues with lesser skilled riders going above thier pay grade and getting hurt. It’s unfortunate when people don’t responsibility for thier actions. In the future waivers might be in place, I’d have no problem with that. You go big and eventually, you will crash Big!! Nice mix of tech, flow, and natural features. And being so close to Miller’s pond makes it worth the trip…kudos to the builders…Much Respect!!
One of the newest features…log teeter tooter…

Some of the gnar you have to navigate through…

Techy rollers are a must…

Jared sending a natural rock huck…video.