Review and how-to coming soon
Did a quick test run with OpenStreetMap on the Garmin 520. Much better than the stock map.
On the bike
Some quick impressions of the Garmin Edge 520:
- Solid little unit, feels sturdy.
- Buttons are solid but I liked the touch screen of the 510 better
- Interface is very Garmin… Not so intuitive
- Acquires satellites quickly
- Tracks well on the trail
- Syncs with Garmin Connect when plugged in
- Garmin Connect has nifty info and maps (that you make too!)
- Good battery life
- Bike mount is solid