Great to get out on the trail again!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ8W0JXDyTA/?hl=en

So it’s been more than a few weeks and today was the day I was finally going to get back out on the trail. I pumped up the tires a bit more than usual because I haven’t added any Stan’s in like 5 months so I wanted to know if it was going to be an issue… it wasn’t!

The parking lot was packed and so was the trail; I ran into quite a few people out there which is to be expected when we get weather like this in February. The trail itself was a little smushy still from the melting snow but the roots were relatively dry and the leaves were not an issue because the trail is so well ridden. No puddles out there, just some sticky mud.

I cut the ride short because I worked out the legs hard this week and it’s also been awhile - better safe than sorry. All-in-all a great ride that left me with a huge smile on my face.

Here’s another view/map from Samsung Shealth. Info taken on my Gear S2.

Nice…Tim. I was in the area yesterday with the boys. We hit Trailview down to Bethpage and hit some freeride stuff. Trails were in pretty good shape. And you can’t beat riding in shorts and t-shirt in February. It’s gonna be a great season.

Stillwell, good choice!

Looks like you got some speed up in a few spots.
So, you worked the legs out…your quads must have been burning!

They were and are but it was fun!

Hit Stillwell on Saturday with my friend Dave. I did a full lap then a lap of just blues…the trail is very dry and blown out. Super sandy and facing bad erosion in certain spots…still a great time!! It seems someone is doing trail work in there…some newish cuts but both skinnies are out of commission for now…

Yeah the washout is sort of expected at this point. Still a fun trail if you know what you’re in for.

Stilly nhas been bombed out since i first started riding it in 1993…somethings never change and this should be one of them