What did you do on your bike?

Thanks, it’s passion of love…when I was part of Climb…all my friends and I wanted to do was help maintain and build bomb trails. Unfortunately there were certain individuals who made it difficult, even though they suck at trail work themselves…:thinking: So when I found a trail where I could work on peacefully and put my twist on it…I was super stoked. And anyone can see the vast changes done in the last couple years!!! The other stewards have helped out a bit too along the way.

Yeah, in the past I answered requests for materials, tools, time many times to Climb but was just dismissed so I don’t either anymore. If you need any materials like timbers or stone just let me know,I might have something. The trail is awesome…even riding it backwards!

1 Like

Stone could come in handy…to finish off the Rock garden…

In the past I offered to put a storm drain in… pending approval…at Calvy… in the parking lot. A 4000 dollar job … I offered to build a rock garden at CP (deer run) and use my equipment and supply the boulders… and rocks. The DEC gave me permission…along with all the support of the Rangers with …ATVs to haul the materials and tools for edgewood.

My Ideas were shot down.

Stewards …when I was a steward… Had to purchase tools themselves to trim Rocky.

Hate to say this stuff…and it has changed the way I look at things. Stay under the radar and just do the work… the evil eye is watching

What size rocks would you prefer? Obviously, I can’t bring in machine size rocks by hand but I do have a Toro dingo(very mini skid steer) but that’s probably against the “rules” and that I understand. Drainage pipe, composite decking, concrete block etc. I have a small landscape design company and my yard is right around the block from give.
I was always learly that climb would grab a hold of Belle and smooth it out… Well it seems like we all dislike change. Well the trail has changed with some good and some bad but for a trail that used to be called “boot camp”, it is changing.
Well that’s enough bashing, complaining and whining, we love to ride fast or slow and let’s just do that and ignore the bs!!!
RRR

1 Like

I really appreciate any help and feel this is the way “the biking community” should work. I really don’t need super big rocks. Small to medium size rocks would work…thanks pming my personal contact info.

I am thru Bashing. I can only talk of experience. I now ride… I ride with a clear conscience… have have gotten back to the 'Roots" of why I ride…nothing but fun

Well by definition “bashing” is verbally insulting someone…so if you speak the truth or from expierence it’s just plain Facts!!! But…we are better off doing our own thing ultimately. Why waste energy on things that don’t deserve it.

So Saturday was the 1st ever pizza ride at Glacier 8. We had over 35 people show up. Mixed levels of riding, a couple kids, and families. Some people had never been and others not in years…many were calling it a “lil hidden gem”. It was cool to see people’s reactions to the changes. I want to thank Rob, Will B, and Stu. It was a really nice day for riding.

Stu and Joey D enjoying the day…

Lots of bikes…

Really nice women’s Giant Liv bike…

Doing what we do best…

The future of our sport…

Enjoying summer!

Paul a young grom sending it…

My friend Tom was visiting from Sedona and really liked the new additions.

1 Like

Trail work never finishes and there’s always testing and tweaking of new features. Note: Helmets are important mtb safety equipment and this should not be tried at your home trail. Expert rider and NBC member Jared…

Jared in front of the Coffin drop…

Newly reworked exit of the Coffin drop…

Reworked Deadman’s berm…Ver 2.0

Manual steez…

1st gap of Coffin drop…

Trail gap…rolling at speed…

Trail gap…sending it!!!

Sorry I haven’t posted in a bit…lots of life stuff going on. But the riding must never stop. So this weekend hit up Graham hills with Jared and Dave, both thier 1st time. Trail was in great shape …steep and techy as always!!! Went for a bite afterwards and an Ipa.
Last weekend hit East Setakaut on Sunday. Trail was in pretty good shape, not horribly overgrown but lots of ticks!! Be careful. Saturday it was Mlp. This trail was super dry with sand pockets. Lots of erosion and rooty…new stuff has been added. And lastly weekend before this did Overton with 3 friends. New stuff added and trimmed very well. We had a great time and trail has definitely broken in.

Rambo in Graham hills…

26ers ain’t dead…My friend Dave’s custom Giant Yukon.

A guy was riding a trials bike…

My bike at the trail head…

Crazy tech line…follow the dots.

Part 2 of tech line…

After ride food…Sherry vinegar, onions, sauteed brussel sprouts…so good!

Arugula and prosciutto pizza…

Ala vodka pizza…

Seasalt Carmel ice cream…

So Sunday went to Trailview and rode to Stillwell with my friend Dave. Trail was very dry, loose and getting more eroded. It’s still a fun time and was pleasantly surprised with a bike station. It has tools, bike stand, and a pump. Nice to see the taxpayer money go to good things. The other night did an evening into night ride at Cathedral Pines Park with my friend Dave. Trail is dry but in pretty good shape. You can see groves from people taking laps for upcoming race. Love the newer cuts off Boundary line, talk about Flow!!

Trailview trailhead…new n improved!!

Time for new riding shoes??

Cathedral Pines Park…

Newer riding shoes…

Lol, those shoes remind me of my skateboarding days. Good to see some pro-bike stuff, especially there.